Monday, August 1, 2016

COMIC BOOK VIDEO GAMES: WHERE ART THOU?

I will admit that I don't know what goes into the whole decision process in regards as to what gets made into a video game. I am sure that there is a lot that I am completely unaware of, but like many, I can have ideas of what I would want to see come to fruition. I am mainly a comic book and wrestling nerd, and since WWE has the wrestling under control with their 2K series, I'll focus on the comic book stuff I would like to see in video game form.
Batman is tops for me, and the Batman: Arkham series was definitely something myself and others yearned for. A great comic book video game in basically all aspects. After four installments we are left wondering if there will be another Batman game, or even better, other comic book games. From the Marvel side of things, Spider-Man was doing well until Amazing Spider-Man 2 (which lacked substance for me). We know that there is another Spider-Man game in the works, but what about other Marvel characters? I thought the success of Batman and Spidey would translate into other superheroes getting at least a shot. Now, I am not talking about the various movie adaptations, I mean completely unique story like they did in the Batman: Arkham universe. We are still in the middle of a comic book movie boom, so they can still use the success of that to promote interest in the games, which again would not be movie adaptations. Skins only via DLC haha

Here are who I would like to see on the shelves one day, next to both the new and old Batman and Spider-Man video games...

Justice League
Again, not a movie adaptation, but a unique universe. If anything, they can connect it with the Batman: Arkham video game universe. This allows for more heroes and villains to make their way into the game. Both as regular game play selections and via DLC. I would somehow break the heroes down into categories, perhaps something like Human, Meta Human, Alien type of thing. This way they can say swap playing as Batman with Green Arrow, or Superman for Supergirl, etc. In summary, I basically want variety with the same style of story and game play as Batman: Arkham games.

X-Men
It would be done like it would with "Justice League". Especially the non-movie adap situation. There are enough characters within the X-Men to be separate from a Marvel Universe gathering. Can again break them into categories, as to swap people around.  The title may be X-Men, but of course X-Factor, X-Force, etc will be in there. The DLC's would be high in the costume departments of course. There would even be a bone claw version of Wolverine, even though they would never seem to break or if they did healed super quick.

Marvel Universe
I would just call it "The Avengers", but this would include basically all of the Marvel Universe. Perhaps break them down into teams as well as categories. The Avengers, X-Men, Fantastic 4, etc. The story could either cover the massive crossover stories from the comic books with their own spin on them. The Infinity Gauntlet, Civil War, etc. Since it isn't a fighting game I would perhaps avoid "Secret Wars", although that would make for a good combat game perhaps.

Spawn
Sure, he is neither DC Comics nor Marvel Comics, but I think this one has potential to be an amazing game. Visually alone would be quite the sight to see, although I am sure a suitable story would be there via creator Todd Mcfarlane.

Superman
Sure, I mentioned the Justice League in the beginning but I think Supes needs to be mastered via consoles and pc worldwide. I thought for sure that there would be a game based on the Kryptonian after the success of Batman with the Arkham series. Even with Superman leading the way in the DC Comics movieverse with "Man Of Steel" and "Batman V Superman: Dawn Of Justice", nothing. Is it another case of the original superhero being "too perfect"? It is hard to have him appear weak on a steady basis, but adding citizens in peril and side missions could help make things challenging.

There are others that I would like to see, such as something lightly based on DC Comics television universe via The CW. But, baby steps. In all honesty, I would settle for another Batman game. It wouldn't have to be a part of the Arkham series, but  matches or surpasses it in caliber.

For more Video Game, Comic Book, Movie, TV Show, Wrestling, and Nerd Fit! Head on over to Non-Geeky Nerd and check things out! Stay Nerdy!

No comments:

Post a Comment