Friday, July 29, 2016

The Amazing Spider-Man 2

I waited for the price to drop on this one. Which I do for anything I don't have high hopes for. The Batman: Arkham games were the only ones that I had to have immediately these past few years. I waited on Grand Theft Auto V because I didn't care for GTA IV and wanted to get it after I got a PS4. Got distracted early with the online aspect, but was good until I picked up The Amazing Spider-Man 2.

Which I am glad that I waited for a price drop. It isn't that it is an absolute atrocity, but I was expecting a lot more. The games on both the PS2 and PS3 were pretty good in my humble opinion. Although some were movie adaps, they made them their own with story and characters. The Amazing Spider-Man 2 was also an adaptation, and also tried to do things their own way, but lacked substance as well as inferior game play compared to previous Spidey games. Was it perhaps a "thrown together at the last minute because they are once again revamping the movie franchise" deal?
Positives of the game were the photo challenges, well, mainly J. Jonah Jameson's. And of course, I liked the variety of costumes that were unlockable through game play.  Although some favs were only open via DLC, which I am normally open to, but money is tight and this game isn't worth the extra cash right now. Perhaps later on as I wait to save up for a PS5 and play the PS4 games to kill time. But, perhaps not as there are still some Batman: Arkham Knight DLC's that I would still like to get, and hopefully some new games coming out would be nice.

I think I had read something about a new Spider-Man game in the works. Hopefully, it will have that slick game play feel to it. I am hoping for the same treatment in regards to the costumes, with a lot more options being available for both free and DLC. It would be nice to see some other Spider-Man related characters join the mix as playable characters. Perhaps similar to what was done in the Batman: Arkaham series where each had their own unique style. Venom, Black Cat, etc, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment